Monday, March 31, 2014

Custom Nikes



I have been wanting to custom shoes for years now. It all started around my senior year in high school when I painted some Vans canvas slip-on's and my friend's shoes...I didn't know what I was doing. I highly doubt those shoes are still going! Ack! 

In better news, I found Angelus Leather Paints which works WONDERS. I've heard a lot about them but never invested in them until this semester. No idea why, but this semester I decided to explore all the different interests I have. It started off with spray painting into mobile game art, vector illustrations, logo designs, then shoe art. I must sound like a wonderful bundle of randomness!

So these paints are straight up MAGIC. I bent my shoes around a bunch and did my best to destroy the paint job, just to see if they're court-ready. THEY ARE! Can't play ball just yet, but I'll get there eventually. 

Some friends are interested in customs, so these won't be my last :) I'm flying back up to Bay this week and will be picking up some old shoes to revamp for my brother and I. Hurray for spring break!!!!

P.S. I'm taking more spray painting classes. This time it's all about lettering and can control!